Accepting Applications Now!
- Be a member in good standing with FASNY or have a parent/legal guardian who is a member.
- Attend high school as a senior who is enrolled in the fall 2022 school year at an accredited two- or four-year institution of higher learning or an accredited technical post-secondary school.
- Serve as a current Junior firefighter, Explorer Scout or RAM in a group affiliated with a volunteer department; a volunteer firefighter; or a volunteer with an EMS unit.
- Demonstrate a commitment to both volunteer emergency service and the community.
Please note – your fire company’s membership in FASNY does not automatically make an individual a member of FASNY. Eligibility for this program requires current individual membership in FASNY.
Requirements (Please submit with application):
- A résumé
- Two letters of recommendation: one (1) from a community leader and one (1) from a high school official (e.g. administrator, guidance counselor, athletic director)
- A certification of acceptance from the institution of higher learning
- A one-page essay written on the subject “How My Community Involvement in the Fire Service Has Affected My Life”
- This should be 1.5 spaced
- Once selected, the recipient of this scholarship MUST submit a digital photo to be used in FASNY’s promotional materials, including – but not limited to – The Volunteer Firefighter magazine, press releases, monthly electronic communications and web/social media sites. Click here for photo submission guidelines.
- Deadline for application submissions March 15, 2022.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.