Volunteer firefighters have the courage to face danger and the heart to help out in their communities. On the fireground or around town, so many continue to give and sacrifice beyond the fire service every day.
Every year, FASNY gives the Fire Service Community Achievement Award to an active volunteer firefighter who is also active with one or more community service organizations.
If you know someone deserving of recognition, you’re invited to nominate an individual who complements active fire service with involvement in civic organizations, charitable programs and other community groups.
- Be an active member of his or her department.
- Lead an organization that uses fire service-related projects to demonstrate dedication to their departments and communities as well as a commitment to training.
- Be nominated by March 15, 2020.
- Support a program that exhibits the qualities of honor, teamwork and allegiance to the volunteer fire service.
NOTE: FASNY award winners may be publicly promoted in press releases and print publications as well as on television, radio or the web. The Association reserves the right to use the person’s image for publicity, including – but not limited to – print, broadcast and web/social media. The recipient may be expected to be available for photo opportunities, television appearances and other promotional events. In the event the recipient does not agree to these terms, the name may be withdrawn.
- Any department officer, member or parent can nominate an individual for the award.
- Nominations must be submitted by March 15, 2020.
- Letters of support and any other submitted materials accompanying the nomination will become the property of FASNY.
- The award winner will be notified by May 1, 2020.